Research suggests that plants have many benefits to our health and well being. It is also believed that plants are true 'green' facilitators and the effects they have can help save money too, thus making the initial investment in interior landscaping more than pay for itself. Research has also shown that:
- Plants are effective in cleaning indoor air. They absorb toxins (VOCs) emitted by modern building and furnishing materials, electronic equipment and even exhaust fumes which may enter buildings through windows and doors.
- Plants help reduce absence. Absence can be reduced from minor ailments often linked to Sick Building Syndrome such as headaches, coughs and fatigue
- Reduce the physical symptoms of stress
- Improve concentration and productivity
- Plants absorb noise and odours
- Plants can raise humidity levels and also reduce dust pollution
- Plants can be used for shading and cooling
Visit www.plants-for-people.org for further information on how plants can benefit your office.